Having the capability to run the following laboratory tests on site allows immediate results allowing the staff at Richland Veterinary Hospital to promptly and properly treat patients.
- Chemistry machine: Provides blood glucose, kidney and liver values, electrolytes, pancreatic enzyme and even thyroid levels.
- CBC machine can help diagnose anemia and/or infections within minutes.
- 4DX snap test for dogs: a specific blood test to check for heartworm disease, lyme disease, ehrlichia and anaplasmosis. Results can be obtained in 10 minutes or less.
- Snap combo Felv/FIV test: cat specific blood test can determine if a cat or kitten has leukemia or FIV in 15 minutes or less.
- Fecal snap tests permit the rapid diagnosis of parvovirus and giardia.
- Fecal centrifugation technique to diagnose internal parasites including roundworm, hookworm, whipworm and coccidia.
- Urinalysis aids in diagnosis of urinary tract infections, bladder stones and diabetes as well as other diseases.